Harnessing R&D to Secure our Nation
The National Cybersecurity R&D Programme Grant Call was launched in November 2016 to develop Singapore’s cybersecurity R&D capabilities to meet the security needs of the Public Sector and of Singapore as a whole. Three key priorities in cybersecurity R&D have been identified for the grant call, namely, National Security, Critical Infrastructure and Smart Nation. Research projects that examine key technology areas including Effective Threat-based Detection, Analysis and Defence, Secure IoT System, and Security-by-Design and Testing of Emergent Technologies were welcomed.
The emphasis of the grant call is on the translational and deployability of ideas and technologies. Dual use of new capabilities outside of the Public Sector is encouraged. To ensure scientific rigour and commercialisation capacity, only proposals submitted by Singapore-based companies in collaboration with Institutes of Higher Learning, research institutions or government agencies were eligible. Twenty three proposals were received.
Out of these, nine projects were awarded based on the significance of their research areas to create impact in Singapore, and potential for translation and commercialisation.
Read more about National Cybersecurity R&D Grant Call 2016 in the press release .
Click on the links below to learn about the projects awarded.
- A Secure, Privacy-Preserving Data Exchange/Computation Platform for the Smart Nation (Acronis R&D Singapore and NTU)
- Malware Source Attribution through Multi-Dimensional Code-Feature Analysis (Kaspersky Lab and NUS)
- Advanced Anti-Malware Solution Using Deep Learning (SecureAge and NUS)
- Building Next-generation Secure Environments on Smartphones for Critical Mobile Applications (i-Sprint Innovations and SMU)
- Advanced Intelligent Anomaly Detection System (Attila and SUTD)
- Cybersecurity Protocol and Mechanism for e-Logistics of Dangerous Goods Tracking Using Block Chain (i-Sprint Innovations and NTU)
- Smart Binary-level Vulnerability Assessment for Cyber-attack Prevention (Scantist and NTU)
- To Research and Develop Assessment Tool and System – OpsTrace (Excel Marco and NTU)
- Testing for Blockchain Security by Design (TNO and SUTD)