The first Technology Talk was held at the Consortium space at NUS School of Computing, livened up that day by various showcases from Consortium members.
In the opening talk, Dr Madan Oberoi (INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation (ICGI), Singapore) spoke about global cybercrime trends that necessitates change in the roles and strategies of Law Enforcement Agencies. Vincent Loy (PwC) followed this up with key findings from the Global State of Information Security Survey 2017 on Singapore.
We then learnt about innovations developed in six projects awarded under the National Cybersecurity R&D (NCR) Programme:
* Secure Mobile Centre: Technologies and Solutions for Securing Mobile Computing presented by Prof. Robert Deng (SMU)
* Project SUTD-ASPIRE: Design of Secure Cyber Physical Systems presented by Dr. Nils Ole Tippenhauer (SUTD)
* Trustworthy Systems from Untrusted Components presented by Prof. Abhik Roychoudhury (NUS)
* Securify: A Compositional Approach of Building Security Verified System presented by Dr. Liu Yang (NTU)
* A Cyber-Physical Approach to Securing Urban Transportation Systems presented by Dr. Zhou Jianying (I2R)
* Cyber Forensics and Intelligence presented by Dr. Dinil Mon Divakaran (I2R)
The event was also an avenue for discussion on Special Interest Groups to be formed for focused information exchange and collaboration going forward. The occasion concluded with an introduction of the National Cybersecurity R&D Lab (NCL) by Dr. Guo Charng Rang, and news on upcoming Consortium events.